Summer workshop for young economists, Mannheim, Germany
The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) is organising its tenth summer workshop for young economists in Mannheim, Germany, from 9 to 12 June.
The summer workshop is targeted at PhD students and post-doctorates within three years after completion of their thesis.
The general topic of this workshop is ‘The Economics and Econometrics of Innovation’. The programme will consist of lectures by experienced researchers and presentations by young scholars. The
participants will be required to present a paper during the workshop, addressing one of the following topics:
– indicators and measurement of innovation;
– impacts of innovation;
– role of complementarities for innovation;
– evaluation of public innovation policy;
– research and development (R&D) spillovers and technology transfer;
– competition and innovation;
– sources of innovation;
– intellectual property rights.